Thursday, May 30, 2013

*********The Symbolism of MERMAIDS***********

Topic:
My topic is on mermaids. I chose this topic only because I have always loved mermaids. I always thought they were graceful and beautiful. However, finding information on my topic led me to new thinkings of mermaids. Not only are they beautiful and graceful but they are also evil and can be scary at times.

Research Question:
My research question is this: What do mermaids represent in our society?

Advice:
I know everyone always says "start early," but the reality is, its very difficult to start early. Not only do you not have a full understanding of what the paper entails but you learn more and more as the class goes on. I actually recieved a lot of help from doing my presentation today from my peers!

Process:
I would find a topic that interest you first. Brainstorm terms that might be associated with your topic. Use the library's sources such as the website on multi-search, literally go to the library and get a book, search on actual databases too. One source which I thought would be crapy, that I found was very helpful was Google! Found a lot of information! After you've done research in the beginning of the quarter!!!!! Save all articles, books etc. When you have a more clear idea of the research paper, start looking into what exactly your going to focus on. Start to read the articles. Maybe make an outline. Then start working on ideas!
Don't wait till the last day to do it. You'll probably want to die!

These are some of the sources I found:
Book in library- Sea enchantress;The tale of the mermaid and her Kin

google- The mermaid Myth

Articles

http://mimas.calstatela.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ufh&AN=12407185&site=ehost-live

http://search.proquest.com/docview/229637782

HOPE THIS HELPS FUTURE STUDENTS!!


P.S.
I love Professor Hicks (not like that)! She is the best teacher and person! I loved this class, even though my life was turned upside down this quarter!

3 comments:

  1. Very colorful :) How do you put the picture? It's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's a feature available when you write your blog.(on the top)

    ReplyDelete