Thursday, March 19, 2015

Uncanny Robots-Niyusha Zarnegar

Uncanny Robots 
Niyusha Zarnegar

      What I learned after doing my research paper is that you should do it over multiple days assigning a specific part to each day, this helps spread the workload of the assignment evenly reducing the amount of stress that comes with trying to do the paper all at once close to the due date. Also don't forget to leave yourself with a few days for revising your paper and asking professor opinions on it. Also if you are at a complete loss for sources try asking Jenny as she recommended me a great source when I didn't know where to start.  

    My research question was about how the Uncanny Valley related to robotics. I found almost all of my sources through the library's database and here are the ones I found the most useful. 


References
1.Freud, Sigmund. The Uncanny. New York: Penguin, 2003. Print.
2.Geller, T. "Overcoming the Uncanny Valley." IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, 28.4 (2008): 11-17.
3.Mori, Masahiro. "The Uncanny Valley." IEEE Spectrum (2012): n. pag. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
4.Jones, Raya A. "Relationalism through Social Robotics." The Theory of Social Behavior 43.4 (2013): n. pag. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
5.Stix, Gary. "Into The Uncanny Valley." Scientific American 299.6 (2008): 24-28. Military & Government Collection. Web. 19 Mar. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment