Sunday, June 7, 2015

Disney And Its Impact on Children

Dear Future English 102 Students,

          My topic was about Disney, and I wanted to know if whether Disney impacts children in a negative or positive manner. I wanted to know how Disney and its films and merchandise can affect a child. Gender portrayals definitely touch this topic, and was the biggest issue of all. I have come to learn a lot about this topic. If you grew up with Disney, I say you pick this research topic.
          One advice I have for you is to start early on this research paper. Go to the CSULA library website and explore its thousands of journal articles and books they have. Starting early can definitely help, since you will have time to search for some of the best things related to your topic, therefore your research paper will be strong and accurate. Another advice I have for you is no NEVER hesitate to ask questions you have. I know Professor Hicks is more than glad to help you. If you are having trouble with your topic, go to Professor Hicks!

I used these sources, and hope they will help you like they helped me with my research paper.


Auster, Carol J. and Mansbach, Claire S. “The Gender Marketing of Toys: An Analysis of Color and Type of Toy on the Disney Store Website.” Sex Roles 67.7-8 (2012): 375-388. PscINFO. Web. 24 May 2015
England, Dawn Elizabeth and Descartes, Lara and Collier-Meek, Melissa A. “Gender Role Portrayal and the Disney Princesses.” Sex Roles 64 (2011): 555-567. PscINFO. Web. 26 May 2015
Towbin, Mia Adessa and Haddock, Shelley A. and Zimmerman, Toni Schindler and Lund, Lori K. and Tanner, Litsa Renee.  “Images of Gender, Race, Age, and Sexual Orientation in Disney Feature-Length Animated Films.” Journal of Feminist Family Therapy (2011): 555-567. PscINFO. Web. 29 May 2015
Ostrand, Amy. “Correlation Between Children’s Media And Body Dissatisfaction: Analyzing Recently-Released Disney Movies.” Conference Papers – National Communication Association (2009): 1. Communication & Mass Media Complete. Web. 1 June 2015
Orenstein, Peggy. “Cinderella Ate My Daughter.” New York: Harper, 2011. 11-32. Print
Asawarachan, Tanawan. “The Disney Influence on Kindergarten Girls’ Body Image.” Denton, Texas. UNT Digital Library. Web. 2 June 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment