Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Myth America Blog Post

1. The researched paper is not your typical research paper. Instead of the norm third person narrative you must write your paper in first person. This is because you have to give specific ideas about what you researched, why they matter to you, and why they would matter to anybody reading it. Knowing what I know now, I would have needed to find more scholarly sources like journal articles. I would go to the P.A.I.R tutors at the writing center for help early on. I went to them after I had most of my research finished and they are very helpful. They focus on helping you do research, cite sources, and do your works cited page in the format which has been asked of you. I truly recommend all of you to go see them. Another thing I would have done, is I would have made an appointment at the writing center before hand. Sadly, I did not make an appointment for this project, so instead when I went I would have to wait an average of three hours to get help from the tutors there. Seeing how I went multiple times, I spend a lot of time waiting because towards the end of the quarter the writing center is packed and appoints are filled.

2. My research topic is Vampires. More specifically my research question is how vampires have evolved.

These are my most useful sources:

Karg, Barb, Arjean Spaite and Rick Sutherland. The Everything Vampire Book. Avon: Adams Media, 2009. Print.

This books is very useful if your research topic or question deals with vampires. I recommend everyone researching vampires to take a look at this book because it is basically gold. This book has everything. It discusses vampire history, vampires in literature, vampires in film and legend. In fact this book discusses Dracula, and even the twenty first century vampire shows and fascinations like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Twilight, and True Blood. GET THIS BOOK!

Konstantinos. Vampires: The Occult Truth. St. Paul: Llewellyn Publications, 1996. Print.

This book is very useful as well. Essentially this book discusses vampires the belief of vampires around the world, characteristics of vampires, it helps in seperating vampires from fiction and nonfiction. It also deals with different perceptions and portrayals of vampires.

Bartlett, Wayne, and Flavia Idriceanu. Legends of Blood. West Port: Praeger Publishers, 2006. Print.

This book is very useful as well. It mainly deals and discusses about why vampires have been and continue to be so appealing to us. It also helps by discussing useful connections and reasons as to why vampires are intriguing to us.

Cooper, Basil. The Vampire in Legend, Fact, and Art. Secaucus: Citadel Press, 1973. Print.

This book is very useful as well. It's main focus is about vampire legends facts and art. It also discusses the physical appearances of vampires. It has some things about Dracula . There is also some stuff on vampire literature and film.

I hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment