Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vampire Myths and Folklore

My research topic was about the different myths and folktales about vampires that differed among countries and cultures.

The topic was pretty interesting and I enjoyed writing the paper. I feel that it was definitely easier than the other essays, and I had a lot of fun writing it. A piece of advice that I have to offer is to definitely not be lazy and DO NOT procrastinate. It may seem like there's a lot of time to write the paper, but those weeks go by pretty fast, and the information needed to answer the question isn't always so easy to find. With that said, I would also recommend paying a visit to the library to see what it has to offer. If you do not find anything on the online databases, it doesn't mean that the library itself wont have anything. I couldn't find all the information on the Internet or through the databases (at first, when I wasn't searching properly), so I actually went into the library and came out with plenty of books with the right info.
The biggest lesson that I learned from writing this paper was that it wasn't really hard in the first place, and things tend to go a lot smoother if you just do the work... even when you don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment