Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pop Princesses: The New Fairy tale Princesses?

  1. I believe the hardest part about the researched paper is constructing the idea or flow of the topic chosen. Knowing what I know now, I think I would have structured my researched portion differently. For example, I began my third part with Nicki Minaj because she's rather new to the pop scene but I think I should have maybe just included a tidbit on ALL the major pop stars so my argument would be more concrete. The whole idea is rather wishy-washy being that I don't want to just pour out tons of information. I want to try and keep the reader engaged SO I focused on Nicki Minaj and connect the rest towards the end. It is a hit or miss but I know she is relevant as of right now, so I do not regret my decision in using her to begin my essay. There is just this small part of me that thinks that maybe pouring out all would be more concrete but so much more boring. 
  2. My topic is focused on Pop Stars and how they can possibly be the new variations of the story Cinderella, hence the titled "Pop Princesses: The New Fairy tale Princesses?" Here are some helpful sources I have come across over the period of the paper's proposal. Both can be found in JSTOR
    Baker-Sperry, Lori, and Liz Grauerholz. "The Pervasiveness and Persistence of the Feminine Beauty Ideal In Children’s Fairy Tales." Gender and Society. 17.5 (2003): 711-26. Print. 
    Hennion, Antoine. "The Production of Success: An Anti-Musicology of the Pop Song." Popular Music. 3. (1983): 159-93. Print.
    Cheers!
    -Peter Hoang

No comments:

Post a Comment