Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Significance of the Dodgers and the Dodger Stadium

At the beginning when Professor Hicks presented the researched paper I automatically knew i wanted to focus about- something of Los Angeles. I didnt know what since it was a very broad topic, I changed my topic twice since I wasn't finding any information. I ended up with the Dodgers. But in order to chose a topic that has a long history you need to have *PASSION or INTERESTED* for it, since you will be going into depth and along the way you learn many new things. As I began to look for my sources, I found useful to *meet up with Professor Hicks* she lend me a book, and it came quite handy. If your stuck ask for *HELP* dont be shy, at the end it'll be worth it. For my paper I used 4 books, which I only *read the parts that mentioned my topic.* I also read a lot of different articles that some where not useful. The most important thing when you have a big paper coming up is  *begin it right away* because you never if something will come up. I also suggested you take *advantage of the services campus offers* for our writing necessities.

Topic: The Significance of the Dodgers and the Dodger Stadium, and here are some useful/helpful sources I found, all of these are cited in MLA form.

1. Normark, Don. A Los Angeles Story. China: Chronicle Books LLC, 1999. 17-23, 34-38. Print.
2. Starr, K. Golden dreams, california in an age of abundance, 1950-1963. New york: Oxford University Press, USA, 2009. 131, 146, 160, Print.
3. Larry, Harnisch. "A Googie Zoo for LA." . LA Times, 2007. Web. 13 Jun 2012. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2007/05/chavez_ravine.html.
*this means things that I highly recommend will be useful for you that work for me, hope its helpful*
Good Luck(:

No comments:

Post a Comment