Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Trickster Motif in Television Commercials

1. The research process is very involved. I had to do a lot of searching, reading, and selecting. The amount of research I did wasn't enough. I should have found more sources on advertisements from the library databases; they would have allowed me to do a more insightful analysis of the commercials I used in my paper.

2. Why and how is the trickster motif used in television commercials to sell a product? The most helpful sources in answering this question came from the course textbook. This is because one chapter dealt exclusively with advertisements and another was dedicated to obedience. The use of the textbook made it easy for me to connect my research topic with the course material. Here are my two most useful sources:

Fowles, Jim. "Advertising's Fifteen Basic Appeals." Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum. Ed. Laurence Behrens and Leonard J. Rosen. Boston: Longman, 2011. 539-556.


Zimbardo, Philip G. "The Stanford Prison Experiment." Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum. Ed. Laurence Behrens and Leonard J. Rosen. Boston: Longman, 2011. 732-743.

No comments:

Post a Comment