Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Beauty and the Beast"

1. So i know everyone says this, but start EARLY!! Trust me, you dont want to wait until the rough draft is due to start researching things. You know why? Because by then you have midterms and research papers due for your other classes as well as this one. And unfortunately, this one is harder than all the other one.
My second piece of advice, don't be lazy. Go to the library and look for books.  5/6 of my sources are books. Sure, it SEEMS more time consuming to go to the library but its not.  I searched for articles in the CSULA databases for over an hour and ended up using none of the ones I found.  I went to the library and spent about 30 minutes gettting all the books I needed, and used most of them. Plus, Mrs. Hicks likes books(:

2.My research question was simply: What is "Beauty and the Beast's" significance in real life.  It is like the analyzation we did for "Cinderella."Like i said previously, books helped me the most.
This is my works cited page:

Jones, Steven S. The Fairy Tale: The Magic Mirror of the Imagination. New York, NY: Routledge, 2002. Print.

Kelley, Karol. "Pretty Woman: A Modern Cinderella." Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum. 8th ed. Eds. Behren and Rosen. New York: Longman, 2003. 646-55. Print.

Stone, Kay. Some Day Your Witch Will Come. Detroit: Wayne State UP, 2008. Print.

Tatar, Maria. Off With Their Heads!: Fairy Tales and the Culture of Childhood. Princeton, NJ: Princeton UP, 1993. Print.

Warner, Marina. From the Beast to the Blonde: On Fairy Tales and Their Tellers. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1994. Print.

Zipes, Jack. Fairy Tale as Myth, Myth as Fairy Tale. Lexington: University of Kentucky, 1994. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment