Friday, June 7, 2013

The Symbolism Behind Vampires in American Culture Compared to Other cultures

The world of vampires is not only bloodsucking monsters that someone just made up. Actually Vampires represent the society in the old days and now as well. During my research I found out about the first Vampire Dracula who started it all. I also was able to learn about the different stories and characteristics in each vampire. I learned about the different beliefs on how a vampire can be caught and how to destroy them. Throughout the research I found the different beliefs and how each vampire is different from the next. But these vampires still have the same background, the undead going to kill the living by sucking their energy or the blood. Although vampires have been used as ways to get the audience attention to go see a film some people do believe in Vampires, which surprises me that people do believe in these creatures

I worked on this research project alone just because I wasn't able to find a partner that had the same interest. But I think that working in a group would have made it easier in a way. My advice is to stick with one topic and stay with it. I changed my topic like three times but tried to stay with Vampires which I did. But changing your topic too many times is a problem when the time to turn in the paper come. I admit I changed my topic in the last minute DON'T DO THAT unless you plan on staying all night looking for sources. Pick something you like so that when its time to do the work you wont see it as a punishment. Trust me I actually had fun looking over different types of information about Vampires. Start early people do not wait until the last minute you will hate your life and curse everything around you trust me. Overall it was a fun research paper because we got to choose our topic. Have Fun! and do a lot of research I used websites just because I'm not really a book person. But sometimes books have all the information you need. Good Luck!!!!!

Gross, Theodora Realms of Fantasy: Folkroots: vampires in Folklore and Literature http://www.rofmag.com/folkroots/vampires-in-folklore-and-literature/


Tucker, Abigail “Meet the Real-life Vampires of New England and Abroad web 2012 http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/Meet-the-Real-Life-Vampires-of-New-England-and-Abroad-170342886.html web. Wed. 05 June 2013

 

Goodwyn, Hannah Perspective: A Christianity Response to Vampire Obsession http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/screen/goodwyn-vampires-twilight-obsession.aspx web. Thurs. 06 June 2013 updated daily

Isabella. Do Vampires Exist un India http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/do-vampires-exist-in-india.html web. Thurs. 06 June 2013 Updated daily

 

No comments:

Post a Comment