Monday, June 10, 2013

Mermaids-English 102 Researched Paper

Writing this researched paper has not only taught me how to locate and analyze scholarly sources pertaining to one topic, but how to organize my theories and thoughts responding to the sources.  Because of the help from my professor, pair tutor, and library data base, I am confident on how to approach any research or thesis paper using the skills and sources I have acquired over the last few weeks.  If I were to redo this paper from the beginning I would have started earlier and used the school resources such as the library data base and pair tutors more often.  Google is not the answer for everything, its the easiest but not the best quality.  My research question was why do people believe in the myth of mermaids?  "Within the Depth" by Christian Henderson was the most useful newspaper article because it gave theories on why people believe in the myth of mermaids and then analyzed each theory with textual evidence from other sources.     

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment