Sunday, March 18, 2012

Disney’s Message About Beauty

My advice would be to begin the research part early. And do it one day at a time, don’t rush it, and don’t think it has to be done within a certain amount of time. Just give yourself enough time to get make sure what sources are useful and which aren’t. Also, try to take notes while reading over the sources, that way it’ll be easier when it comes to writing the paper.
                When you begin to write the paper, try taking it one day at a time. Do not leave it to the last minute and expect not to be stressed about it. Give yourself time; write about a page or half a page a day. Then you’d have time to look over it and adjust parts of your paper.
                Research is what makes this paper possible so be sure to take your time and collect accurate sources that will help your paper be successful. I found the majority of my sources on the university’s online database. The database that I found most helpful was “Academic Search Premier”. If you do use this database be sure to use different types of keywords so your search can generate more results. Also, you should click the box that suggests full text. But don’t forget about books! Don’t be afraid to actually check out a book from the library. I found there were many books pertaining to my question which made my search a little easier.  
                My topic focuses on what type of message a corporation, such as Disney, is sending about beauty. At first I thought I was just going to focus on Disney, but then as my search progressed I realized that I could broaden my question. I realized that I could focus on the affects that such messages has on children and how it could shape their lives. I could also look into what beauty is usually seen as in myths and society and how it has evolved. Don’t be worried if your question begins to change over time. Just be sure that you know your topic well, and then you won’t have too many problems.
                Remember time is the most important thing when creating a research paper. Keep calm, because it’ll all be okay once you’ve finished it and feel confident turning it in.
                I wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment