Monday, March 19, 2012

The Infamous Apple

When beginning the research process, you want to make sure that you start early. You want to make sure that you manage your time well so that you have enough time to analyze the information you have gathered. In doing so, this will help you undertsand which information is useful and which is one that does not have much meaning. Surprisingly for me, I was able to find a good amout of useful information. Looking back, I realize that to improve my essay I could have organized my information a little better.

My topic was based on the meaning of apples in fairy tales, mythology, and folklore. I wanted to know why it is that apples are constantly portrayed as a source of evil. A lot, if not most of my information came from the library's data base. They provide a lot of journal articles and some books as well. The only thing is, like I said, you have to start early because a lot of the best information the library does not have, therefore, you must submit a request with ILLIAD (which usually takes about 3-4 days). Although this is a fairly easy assingment, it is crucial that you get a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment