Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wedding Traditions and Superstitions

I see now why it is so important to 1. Choose a topic you are interested in and 2. Don't procrastinate! 

I was recently married and this sparked an interest in me to know more about traditions and superstitions and once I finally got going I was surprised by how much I was enjoying doing the research...hence, the reason for choosing a topic you're interested in.  When I began my initial search for information I found a very limited amount available.  Once I changed my search parameters I found a treasure trove of resources so my next bit of advise would be to get creative with your key words.

My research in the CSULA library turned up quite a few books, but they weren't the critical sources I needed.  I was able to use some information out of the books but I had to turn to the library journal articles to find the good academic resources I needed.  I found JSTOR to be my most useful resource.  And lastly I used a few internet sources just for some of the fun, statistical type information.

No comments:

Post a Comment