Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Apples and Fairy tales.

Hey there English 102 Students,
       As you may know, I am a student just like you. If you didn't know, you know now. When I was given this amazing task of writing a research paper, I threw it in the back of my head. This was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. By not starting to at least research about my topic, I have had a very hard time writing this paper. Though it is easier than the other essays we have had for this class, the process for writing a research paper is quite stressful if you do not start it soon. By starting on it before most, you will have the advantage of showing it to your teacher. Plus, I'm sure that Ms. Jenny would be way more than happy to see that you are on top of things and not a procrastinating type much like myself.
       Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have started sooner and not have procrastinated. Procrastination, though it seems like the easiest way out, is not. This Saturday, the 17th, there was an earthquake that occurred in LA in the morning. In my head this was not only God but Jesus punishing me about how I should have started sooner and not have waited for so long. One of these days I'm going to get help for my procrastination problem.
       My research topic was about apples and their symbolization in fairy tales. The most useful sources I found were two books and obviously, the encyclopedia post on the symbolization of apples which gave me the background information I needed.

        The sources are as follows:

"Apple (symbolism)." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 15 Mar. 2014. Web. 18 Mar. 2014.
Surmelian, Leon Z. Apples of Immortality. Berkeley: University of California, 1968. Print.
Ruck, Carl A. P. The Hidden World: Survival of Pagan Shamanic Themes in European Fairytales. Durham, NC: Carolina Academic, 2007. Print. 

(: Good Luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment