Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Evil Within.

Hello people of the  future,

You've probably read all these other blogs saying, to start early on your research and yeah you should start early, but honestly no matter how much it's told to us we don't do it. So I wont give you that advice to start early, but what I would advise you to do is love your research! It is going to seem so easy to just pick a random topic to research but it's not that easy. Plus, if you aren't completely stoked on your research you'll get bored soon and give up. Research something that REALLY interests you something that you like not just simply things you don't know the answer to. This research paper is how the professor puts it, a marriage, so love your topic as best you can and you'll live a happy life. Personally I wish I could've done this in the beginning. I was so lost with my topic I didn't know where I was going with it. I wish I would've fallen in love with the topic sooner so I would've enjoyed writing the essay a tad bit more.

My topic turned out to be a bit confusing to explain, but I'll try. It was about the reasoning behind why people see evil as bad and how these perceptions of evil first come about to us. I was hoping I would find a lot of books on this topic but that wasn't not initially the case, but fear not! The library did end up being a great place to find my sources, perhaps not in the book section, but rather in the media section in the 3rd floor of the library. It is the forbidden place so you should look at the library's database first to know which video recording you plan on checking out first. Video and media sources are really easy to use and more interesting than books. Here are two of the most useful sources I used in my research:


Zimbardo speaks: the Lucifer effect and the psychology of evil. Uniview Worldwide       Ltd. 2009. Video Recording

Rosenbaum, Ron. Explaining Hitler: The Search for the Origins of His Evil. New York:      Random House, 1998. Print.

hopefully they are of some help, happy researching!


No comments:

Post a Comment