Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why Atlantis?

1. The first thing I would like to say about the researched paper is that definitely it has to be started soon in order to complete the assignment successfully and without stress. I also would recommend that students have a clear idea of what exactly they want to do with the topic they use. I definitely did have trouble trying to figure out what I wanted to explain about my topic. But eventually I was able to figure it out, which is why it was good for me to begin early. The most important part I feel was finding good information that would help me explain my point. I do wish I would have had a more clear idea from the start of what I wanted to do because I would have saved myself a whole lot of work and time doing this paper. Other than that it was pretty fun learning about myths and about Atlantis during the process.

2. My research question was why do people still search for Atlantis and create all these different theories. I did find a lot of different ideas and theories that different archeologist, geologist, and historians had about Atlantis. Many were completely sure that Atlantis existed, and others were more realistic and related it to mans urge of seeking a Utopian society. Overall, it was very interesting and I was able to find some really good resources in the library on this topic. There are many books available in the library and a few articles on the universities database. Below I will share the citations to the helpful resources I came across during my research.


Billingsley, Dale B. "The Credibility of Atlantis." The Georgia Review 36.4 (1982): 791-802. JSTOR. Web. 19 Mar. 2014. <http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2307/41399110?ref=search-gateway:32c8bec60b8be327b584e101ea2504cf>.

Donnelly, Ignatius. Atlantis: The Antediluvian World. Blauvelt, NY: R. Steiner Publications, 1971. Print.

Eichner, Henry M. Atlantean Chronicles. Alhambra, CA: Fantasy Pub., 1971. Print.

Kolosimo, Peter. Timeless Earth. London: Garnstone, 1973. Print.

Sprague, De Camp L. Lost Continents; the Atlantis Theme in History, Science, and Literature. New York: Dover Publications, 1970. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment