Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reality Turned Into Myth: Zombies


1. Give yourself time to complete this! 

I found that you have to make time to:

-gather sources (especially books)

-look through your sources and select the 

information you wish to use

-write your actual essay

Honestly, I wish that I had given myself more time 

to look through my sources. There's a lot of 

information you have to filter out and it can take a 

while to do this properly. Also, when it came to 

writing my essay, I found that I had to throw out 

lot of my sources because they 

weren't too relevant to my topic and had to go find new ones.



Displays how our blind following of
certain trends can leave us "brainless."
Not meant to be offensive.
2. As you might have guessed by the pictures, I chose 

to write about Zombies. It took a while to find my 

research question but in the end I chose to 

investigate: How real are they? This is an 

extensive topic but my research led me to the 

zombie's origin in Haiti. It was really quite interesting 

to see the type of zombie that exists in this region; I 

largely concentrated on this and tied it obedience 

and conformity. Good luck :)





Some Useful Sources:
-Bauerlein, Mark. The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (or, Don't Trust Anyone under 30). New York, NY: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin, 2008. Print.
-Davis, Wade. Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie. Chapel Hill: University of -North Carolina, 1988. Print.
-Mogk, Matt. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Zombies. New York: Gallery, 2011. Print.
-Sloth, TE, and David Wong. "5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen." Cracked.com. N.p., 29 Oct. 2007. Web. 5 Feb. 2014.<http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html>. <--Not a scholarly source but can get some ideas flowing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment